The LUXX Control Air Series- Where Control Reigns Supreme
For the past several years, the central focus in the pickleball industry has been developing power paddles, leaving the control paddle sector massively under served. Selkirk recognizes the majority of pickleball players are actually looking for the ultimate control paddle and has spent countless hours researching, developing, and testing control paddles in order to give the community what they are looking for.
The result is the LUXX Control Air—the ultimate control paddle for balanced pickleball players and the answer to the neglected needs of all those who favor finesse over brute force.
- Weight: 7.8-8.1 ounces
- Average Weight: 7.95 ounces
- Paddle Length: 16.45″
- Paddle Width: 7.5″
- Handle Length: 5.35″
- Grip Circumference: 4 1/4″ (Medium) Actual grip sizes may vary up to 1/8″
- Grip: Selkirk Geo Grip
- Face: Florek Blended Carbon Fiber
- Core: Thikset X7 Polypropylene Honeycomb with FlexFoam Perimeter
- Core Thickness: 20mm (0.79″)
- Edge Guard: Edgeless Aero-DuraEdge
- Assembles in the USA
- Florek Carbon Fiber: Florek Carbon Fiber is Selkirk’s proprietary blend of carbon fiber that offers unmatched control and added power. This superior fiber composition also enables a larger sweet spot, guaranteeing optimal performance on every stroke.
- X7 Thikset Honeycomb Core: The Luxx Control Air carries forward the innovative 20mm X7 Thikset honeycomb core from Selkirk’s Labs 003 Paddle, offering players even more power and control. The core’s maximum sweet spot is further enhanced by the honeycomb construction which provides a more consistent feel on every shot.
- Air Dynamic Throat: The refined Air Dynamic Throat in the Luxx Control Air provides optimal airflow and enhanced ball control, ensuring a smooth, controlled gameplay experience.
- ThroatFlex: The ThroatFlex open throat design maximizes flex upon ball contact, extends dwell time on the paddle and enhances power play, providing unwavering consistency in every game.
- ProSpin+ NextGen Texture: The refined ProSpin+ NextGen Micro Texture technology developed in Selkirk Labs, provides a more durable spin surface, ensuring unparalleled consistency and precision in shaping and controlling the ball.
- 360° Proto Molding: Luxx Control Air’s 360° Proto Molding Technology delivers exceptional power and a consistent feel on every hit thanks to its high-pressure manufacturing process.
- Upgraded Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless Technology: The Luxx Control Air Paddle features an improved Aero-DuraEdge Edgeless technology, crafted from our specialty blend of impact-resistant composites and polymer to ensure increased edge reliability during intense gameplay.
- FlexFoam Perimeter: Originally developed in Selkirk Labs in the 002 paddle, FlexFoam Perimeter technology injects a specially formulated foam across the paddle’s entire perimeter to increase durability, add weight, enlarge the sweet spot, and absorb vibrations from every hit.
- CM Anti-Torque Technology: Selkirk’s CM Anti-Torque Technology features an ideal core thickness and perfect mass placement, providing unmatched stability for an even smoother and more control playing experience.