By Larry Howes, owner of Racquet Science.
I started Racquet Science just over 15 years ago in beautiful downtown Kingston, ON. Catering to the gear needs of racquet players in the area as well as racquet stringing / gripping / and customization. Nine years before that, I started an online squash business (Squash Unlimited) from Hamilton, ON. Even before that, I started another racquet shop in Edmonton called the Sweet Spot, which I sold and is still going strong! I have been involved in the business of racquets for over 35 years all across Canada.
I have also been a player & coach in racquetball and squash throughout my teenage / adult life. I started out playing racquetball, moved to squash, and am now transitioning to pickleball. Playing & coaching has been a great experience both on and off the court at the local, provincial, and national levels.
If you have called the shop or emailed, you and I have most likely spoken. From time to time my kids help or my wife but mainly it is me, a small business for sure! For some reason though I love it, I love stringing, I love finding the right racquet gear for people, and I love giving awesome support after the sale too. I even like boxing up gear and shipping it off. If you have any questions regarding gear I can always be reached and am happy to help if I can.
Why Choose Racquet Science?
Good question! I carry a great cross section of product from our suppliers. I pick and choose gear from my suppliers that are the best in their lines I feel. It is also my passion to provide incredible customer service before and after the sale. That doesn’t mean I am going to replace that paddle or racquet you just smashed into the floor (sorry!) but I am here to be fair and responsible with every customer I do business with, and help find the right gear for your style of game and budget. Additionally, I offer on-site professional racquet stringing, gripping, and customization.
To learn more about our professional stringing services, click here.
Other notable strengths:
- I play-test almost every single product I carry and can give you a solid factual opinion based on technical details (weight, balance, feel, etc).
- I have a full squash racquet and pickleball paddle demo program for players to try. If you have the time and inclination, the best way is to try before you buy.
- I am always looking for new and innovative products in the market. I take great pride in being able to pick product winners and bring them to market first. That is why you will quite often find products here first before everyone else jumps on the bandwagon.
- The store is an official retailer for all the brands I carry and offer full manufacturer warranties on all products.
- My retail brick and mortar store is also called Racquet Science which is located in beautiful Kingston, ON. Generally, I carry more items in-store than online.
Thanks for reading through all of this. If you have any questions regarding product, policies or anything else feel free to contact me directly. I will be more than happy to help.
All the best, Larry Howes